Calphalon 12″ Classic Nonstick Frying Pan Review
Calphalon 12″ Classic Nonstick Frying Pan: QUICK OVERVIEW
What We Like
What We Don't Like
So, you’ve decided to up your cooking game, and you’re looking for a frying pan that can keep up. There are a few key factors that you should look for when buying your next frying pan including the diameter of the pan, inner coating, and construction material. You would also consider whether or not it’s oven safe and if it includes a lid or other accessories.
With more and more people embracing the healthy eating lifestyle, it’s important to equip yourself with the tools for the job. Buying a quality frying pan will give you years of comfort knowing that it can cope with a whole host of cooking needs.
This review looks at one of the more popular frying pans currently available, which is the Calphalon 12″ Classic Nonstick Frying pan. By the end of the review, you should have a clear understanding of what this frying pan has to offer and whether or not it is the right fit for you.
Calphalon 12″ Classic Nonstick Frying Pan Review
Calphalon has been producing aluminum cookware for 55 years. During that time, they’ve honed their craft, allowing them to deliver some of the finest frying pans currently available on the market.
Calphalon are industry leaders and innovators; in fact, in 1968, they were the first company to use aerospace technology and apply it to home cookware. This gave us hard-adonized aluminum that entered the retail market in 1976, allowing customers to have access to some of the most durable cookware that is commonly used by top-rated chefs.
Since their establishment, Calphalon has only gone to extend their reach into numerous other kitchen and cookware related industry, defining themselves as market leaders.
Who Is This Product For?
The Calphalon 12″ Classic Nonstick Frying Pan is for those with a growing passion for cooking and want a reliable and sturdy frying pan that they can use in a magnitude of different situations. This frying pan is fantastic since it can be used with many stovetops, i.e., halogen, electric, and gas.
This is also a great pan if you’re sick of having to swap the contents of your frying pan into an oven-safe dish, as this pan can handle high oven temperatures. Hence, you can also bake and grill the contents of your frying pan without adding to your dishes that need to be washed later.
When you purchase this product, you will receive a 12″ hard-anodized aluminum frying pan with stainless-steel handles and a 12″ tempered glass lid. This product also comes with a lifetime warranty.
Overview of Features
Some of the most notable features of the Calphalon 12″ Classic Nonstick Frying Pan include:
- Convenient cooking and cleaning: The sloped sides give the pan increased cooking space, so your food won’t appear crowded in the pan. Also, the dual-layer nonstick interior of the pan allows fast and easy cooking, as well as clean up.
- Versatile: Since the pan can be placed in an oven with a temperature as high as 450ºF, the pan can be used in a variety of cooking methods including frying, searing, baking, and grilling. It is also usable with gas, electric, electric ring, halogen, and glass stovetops.
- Durable: The hard-adonized aluminum construction of this pan allows for consistently cooking your food evenly, as well as provides a durable pan that is 100% dishwasher safe.
- Quality handles: Stay-cool stainless steel handles are integrated at opposite sides of the pan, which means you can comfortably hold the frying pan while cooking without the concern of burning your hand. Likewise, you can carry and transfer the pan with food in it from the stove to your countertop without worrying about tipping the pan over.
- Requires less oil: The Calphalon just adds that little bit extra to its users, thanks to its dual-layer nonstick interior. This means that users no longer have to use as much oil that would typically be required from more standard frying pans, letting you cook and eat healthier.
How to Use
To use the Calphalon 12″ Classic Nonstick Frying Pan, all you need to do is place it on top of your stovetop and heat it up using low-heat settings. When it’s ready, add a bit of oil, the amount depends on what food you’re cooking. Then, when the oil is ready, add the food that you’re going to cook.
In case your recipe requires that the food be finished in the oven, simply transfer the whole pan with the food in it, inside the oven. Once done, use the two handles to safely remove the pan from the oven. Transfer the cooked food, and you’re done!
For those who love the Caphalon brand but are looking for something with a little bit more cooking room, then the 13″ Contemporary Deep Skillet might be a good fit for you. Not only do you receive all the benefits of a frying pan, but you can also cook a more extensive variety of dishes; thanks to the greater height offered by its sides.
If the Caphalon 12″Classic Frying Pan sounds perfect to you, but you’re looking to try something new, then you might be interested in the All-Clad 12″ Nonstick Frying Pan. Also, it is made of hard-anodized aluminum. It also shares other similar properties with the 12-inch Caphalon, but it has a slightly higher oven-safe temperature of 500ºF.
The Caphalon 12″ Classic Nonstick Frying Pan is a fantastic product for those looking to up their kitchen game with a pan that can handle a variety of tasks with extreme durability. The pan itself can seem rather expensive when compared to models of a similar specification but considering that Caphalon back their products with a lifetime warranty, it’s worth the investment. With this frying pan, you can rest assured that you’ll be looked after if you experience any difficulties with your frying pan.
The Calphalon Classic 12″ pan sure is non-stick for the first few times ya use it. After that, be sure to have some good scrubbing material handy. Even treating with oil before use, eggs will stick to it like primer paint. Obviously, this pan wasn’t tested before going to market.